Monday, September 20, 2010

Let the "Groups" Begin!

This week FLC launches 8 different Life Groups designed to bring people together around common interests for the purpose of growing closer to God and each other. To be completely honest, I've never been a real fan of traditional small groups, home groups, or life groups. I felt like I would be forced into a group I didn't like with people I had nothing in common with and led by a leader who wanted to be there about as much as I did; which was not at all! My biggest problem with small groups was that they would go on forever with no end in sight. If I stopped going I would be considered unspiritual and a quitter. Not the life-giving motivation I was looking for.

Well, I'm elated to say that FLC groups have overcome all my concerns & fears! Each group is conceptualized by an individual who has a passion for what their group is about. Each group has a beginning and ending time. Most groups are weekly and last for about an hour and a half. All groups are semester based and run for about 10 to 12 weeks and may or may not start back up in the next semester.

Click HERE to see our current Life Group Guide. I trust there is a group for everyone. If not, sign up to lead your own group next semester!

Doing life together!

Pastor Dan

No comments:

Post a Comment