Thursday, March 10, 2011

Put on Jesus!

S(scripture) + O(observation) + A(application) + P(prayer)

S = "Instead, clothe yourself with the presence of the Lord Jesus Christ. And don't let yourself think about ways to indulge your evil desires." Romans 13:14 NLT

O = "Instead", at the beginning of this verse is referring to the previous verse where Paul is telling us what not to do. The opposite of living in darkness and sin is to actually be a carrier of the presence of Jesus. Thats how we defeat sin in our lives. No matter where we go or who we're with we are to always be clothed with Jesus. We can guard ourselves from thinking sinful and damaging thoughts by always being consciously aware of who Jesus is and that He lives in us!

A = I must meditate on the truth that the power and presence of Jesus is in me. I must be "God inside minded". My only hope to live a victorious life resides in the power of Christ in me...the hope of glory.

P = Father, I love Your presence more than life. You are the air I breath. Thank you for loving me and empowering me to live holy. I ask for Your strength and wisdom to walk free from the trappings of this world in a way that opens the door for me to share Your life with this world.

2 comments:

  1. Sign in to join the SOAP conversation with me. What is God saying to you today in Romans 13?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen! Powerful & Inspiring, PD! This was a true blessing to read.

    ReplyDelete