Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Who Do You Think You Are?

We are currently in a teaching series at Family Life called "Who Do You Think You Are?". The main idea is that our Beliefs lead to our Decisions which in turn lead to Outcomes. If we're currently not experiencing Biblical outcomes in life, we most likely have been believing something false.

I want to share my SOAP for today from Romans 12:2 NLT. It speaks to this truth.

S = "Don't copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. THEN you will learn to know God's will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect."

O = The way to change the way you live is by changing the way you think. Our life-style must be different from the world's (those who do not know or live for God). We must live according to God's way described in His Word. God can only bring about a supernatural transformation in us when we plant the seed of His Word in our thinking. God doesn't change the way we think; we do. His Word is powerful and living. His Word has the ability to change us, heal us, give us wisdom and understanding, restore us, and cleanse us. However, we must apply His Word to our lives. We must believe what the Bible says about God, life, and ourselves. And then, our new thinking produces new decisions that produce new fruit.

A = I must spend more time meditating and thinking on God's Word. I must take time each day praying His Word over my life. I must be more diligent to memorize scripture for specific areas of need in my life. I must put a greater emphasis on the power of the Word of God to bring about change in my life.

P = Father, thank You for Your Word. Thank You for giving me clear direction from Your Word. Your Word is life, strength, and help to me. I ask that as I spend time in Your Word that it would truly come alive and transform me according to Your will.

No comments:

Post a Comment