Get the most out of your FLC Experience...
Every Sunday at FLC, family and guests come through our doors with some hope or desire for a better life. We're all hoping and praying God does something supernatural to capture our hearts and turn our lives around. Whether we're in complete trust and reliance on God or wondering if God can or will help us, we want our time at church to be impact-full. We're praying for genuine transformation and life-change.
Here's what I know: no matter how friendly our greeters, how safe and fun our kids environments, how awesome our band, and inspiring the preaching; what you get out of your time at church has more to do with what YOU do than what the church does. Your preparation and participation really make the difference. Our focus is not entertaining you but experiencing God WITH you.
I've compiled a "to-do" list to help you get the most out of your experience at FLC:
1. SOAP during the week. Our daily Bible reading plan focuses on our current message series. You'll be ahead of the game with the inside scoop from God.
2. Invite/Bring a friend. You'll get the vision of the church more when you bring an unchurched friend.
3. PRAY! Pray for the FLC experiences during the week as well as when you drive to church every week.
4. Make room! Come to the 9:30am experience if you're not bringing a friend. Most guests come to the 11:15am experience and we've been setting out extra chairs almost every week. You coming at 9:30am really makes a difference to build momentum at both experiences.
5. Arrive early. You don't want to miss a thing! We spend a lot of time praying and planning EVERY part of your experience EVERY week.
6. Get a seat as close to the front as possible. I preach better when you're closer. Seriously, it's harder to preach when I'm looking past empty seats to see your faces. (The front row is not sacred.)
7. Look for someone you don't know and be friendly. If you're a Dream Team member or a regular attender than this is your house. Be hospitable!
8. Invite people to sit with you...on the front row!
9. Participate! Sing. Clap. Lift your hands. Take notes. Fill out your connection card. Give. Pray. Get in a Life Group. Go through the Growth Track.
The real deal is that spiritual change does not happen through osmosis or by simply being at church. Its up to you. The more you put in the more you will get out of it. Join with us and lets make FLC the most dynamic experience of your week. Also, the more you put in the more others will get out of it, too. Let's change the world!
Lifting people to Jesus with you.