Friday, February 8, 2013

Soul Therapy

We are currently in a series at Family Life called "Soul Therapy" where we are working on inside issues. Addiction, depression, anger, and insecurity are the internal struggles we will be defeating.

Check out today's #SOAP from Romans 6 and win the battle within!

S = "So you also should consider yourselves to be dead to the power of sin and alive to God through Christ Jesus." (Romans 6:11 NLT)

O = A big key to our victory over sin is a position of faith and vision. It's seeing ourselves having power to deny sin and believing that we are free from sin's hold. It's the thought that counts! Paul, by the Spirit of God, is telling us in his letter to the believers in Rome, that Jesus has broken sin's power over our lives. We must "consider" ourselves free. #ItsTheThoughtThatCounts If we're to have victory over sin, we must believe--constantly be thinking that we have power over sin.

A = The personal application of this #SOAP is to write this verse down on a 3x5 card, make it our phone's wallpaper, or print it out and put it on a bathroom mirror to be seen everyday. Memorize this verse and recite it when tempted or pressured to sin. Believe we are free from sin's hold even if it was just 5 minutes ago that we gave in to temptation. It's all about changing the way we think.

P = Father God, I pray right now for a clear mind to think Your thoughts about who I am as Your child. I ask that You help me to believe what Your Word says about me. I declare by the power of the blood of Jesus and the authority in His name that I have power over sin. I am free from sin's hold. Thank you for saving me and giving me victory in life.

This Sunday we will be tackling depression! Don't miss it!

No comments:

Post a Comment