Thursday, January 24, 2013

Day 19 ~21 Days of Prayer & Fasting

Fasting Flourishes in Our Gratitude & Praise

Today's Daily Reading: Psalm chapter 56

David was a man full of gratitude and praise to God. Even in the midst of great trial, affliction, and sorrow. As David wrote Psalm 56, which is an actual song, he was a prisoner of the Philistines. He made strong declarations of faith that contradicted his current circumstances. He refused to allow his very real troubles to steal his unshakeable trust in God. Possibly tortured and most definitely neglected, David still confidently asks a question he already knows the answer to.

"I trust in God, so why should I be afraid? What can mere mortals do to me?" (Psalm 56:11 NLT)

Nothing! That was David's answer. Nothing can hurt me! David's trust and confidence in God's faithfulness produced his own personal faithfulness. It's like he's saying, "I know my schedule has changed and life is full of obstacles and trouble, but I'm not going to stop going to church. I'm not going to stop serving. I'm not going to stop worshipping God with every area of my life." David didn't shirk his commitments when life got rocky. He not only maintained his commitments, but he increased his level of buy-in in-spite of life's rocky road.

"I will fulfill my vows to you, O God, and will offer a sacrifice of thanks for your help. For you have rescued me from death; you have kept my feet from slipping. So now I can walk in your presence, O God, in your life-giving light." (Psalms 56:12-13 NLT)

My prayer for you on day 19 of 21 Days of Prayer & Fasting is that your relationship with God would not waver but would grow in strength. I call you stable in Jesus name! You're rooted and grounded in God's great love. May you become even more in love with Jesus and committed to His great will than ever before. Even in the face of any adversity.

No comments:

Post a Comment