Saturday, January 12, 2013

Day 7 ~ 21 Days of Prayer & Fasting

Fasting brings spiritual insight and understanding.

Today's Daily Reading: Daniel chapter 7

For the past 6 years, Family Life Church has participated in a season of 21 Days of prayer and fasting.  Each season I'm taken off guard by how much more clearly I see and understand spiritual things.  I'm not saying I have crazy visions of beasts devouring the earth and that I talk to angels or see demons like Daniel did.  Yet, there is a certain increase of awareness of God and His ways.  There is a greater spiritual hunger that draws me into reading and prayer.  When reading my Bible, I find myself understanding more clearly how to apply what I just read.

Daniel 7:1 says, "Daniel had a dream and saw visions as he lay in his bed."


Daniel's vision was so intense that he was pale white and afraid after.  We shouldn't seek such intense and supernatural experiences.  However, we should be seeking greater clarity and understanding of spiritual things.  There is greater wisdom and spiritual understanding available for every believer.  The apostle Paul prayed for the churches he started that they would be filled with such understanding.

Ephesians 1:17 "Asking God to give you spiritual wisdom and insight so that you might grow in your knowledge of God."

One of our focuses as we fast and pray is that God would reveal His will to us.  I'm praying that God would open our hearts and minds to His Word, to His will, and to His ways.  Whatever decisions you need to make or necessary adjustments to your life-style, I'm believing your mind will be enlightened and that you will know exactly what to do.

We are now a third through our 21 day season.  Stay strong and faithful as you fast and pray.  Greater wisdom and insight is on its way.


No comments:

Post a Comment