Saturday, January 1, 2011

SOAP for the New Year

S = Isaiah 48:18 "Oh, that you had listened to my commands! Then you would have had peace flowing like a gentle river and righteousness rolling over you like waves in the sea."

O = Obedience brings peace and righteousness into our lives. God wanted Israel to know that the reason they weren't experiencing peace and righteousness was because they weren't walking in obedience.

A = I will obey God at all costs. Today is the first day of the year with all kinds of potential and promise. It's a new day. A fresh start. A plain canvas. I will walk in all the fullness of God this year. I will obey God and live in His presence in 2011.

P = Heavenly Father, I love you with every fabric of my being. You are my peace and strength. It is my desire that 2011 be full of Your presence and fulfilled promises in my life. I surrender all that I am and all my hopes and dreams to you new and fresh today. I trust You with my life! I ask for Your strength and grace to walk in obedience to all Your will.

No comments:

Post a Comment