Thursday, February 2, 2012

Day 19: Prayer & Fasting

Read and SOAP 1 Samuel chapter 22

David and Abiathar were Saul’s next target. While it would have made more sense for David to send Abiathar away, he instead drew him in and offered his protection. David took a risk to keep Abiathar safe. David acted in a lot of ways like Jesus - not turning a blind eye to someone in need, even amidst trials of his own.

No matter what the situation, when it seems all hope is lost Jesus’ response is the same: draw closer to Him. He will offer His unmatched and perfect protection every time.

“God, I pray that You strengthen my resolve to put my entire trust in You, knowing You will always protect me from harm. Help me to never turn away from other people in need just because I may be going through difficulty myself. Amen.”

(Blog reposted with permission from Awake21.org)

No comments:

Post a Comment