Friday, February 3, 2012

Day 20: Prayer & Fasting

Read and SOAP Mark chapter 9

The disciples found themselves unprepared to deal with this particular situation. Because Jesus led a lifestyle of prayer and fasting, He was prepared to deal with the issue when the time came. He didn’t wait until the problem arose to prepare – a lifestyle of prayer and fasting had prepared Him for it.

Prayer and fasting prepares us for what lies ahead. We don’t have to wait for an emergency to arise before we prepare. Let us prepare ahead of time so that when confronted with adversity or challenges, we can face them head on.

“Dear God, as I set time aside today to pray, fast and seek You, I ask that you strengthen me, prepare me, and fill me with Your Word. God, You see everything and hold all my days in Your hands. You know exactly what I have need of before I even ask for it. Thank You for Your grace that enables me to face whatever lies ahead. In Jesus name, Amen.”

(Blog reposted with permission from Awake21.org)

No comments:

Post a Comment