Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Day 11: Prayer & Fasting

Read and SOAP Psalm chapters 56-57

David decided to put his trust God when people were attacking him. He asks, “what can man do to me?” What a declaration of confidence! What a show of true faith and freedom from the fear of man.

Proverbs 29:25 says, “the fear of man brings a snare.” God wants us to place our trust in Him and fear Him. Not be afraid of Him, but have a healthy respect, esteem and honor for the Lord. When the Lord holds this place in our hearts, we don’t have to fear any other man.

“Father, when I am afraid of others or their opinions of me, I choose to trust in You. I fear, esteem, and honor You above any other. Thank You for peace and freedom from fear of man today in the name of Jesus.”

(Blog reposted with permission from Awake21.org)

No comments:

Post a Comment