Monday, January 30, 2012

Day 16: Prayer & Fasting

Read and SOAP 1 Samuel chapter 20

How fortunate David was to have a friend like Jonathan, someone who stuck by him through thick and thin. Jonathan was a friend that would even feel a righteous anger because of the shameful treatment that David received.

What kind of friends do you have? We must strive to have friends in our life like Jonathan – the ones who will encourage and support us, no matter what. In addition, we must always strive to be a “Jonathan” kind of friend to others.

“God, please help me to surround myself with people that will always point me towards Your best. Today as I fast and seek You, I ask you to reveal to me the people that You have placed in my life that will help me become the person You are calling me to be. Amen.”

(Blog reposted with permission from Awake21.org)

No comments:

Post a Comment