Friday, January 20, 2012

Day 6: Prayer & Fasting

Read and SOAP 1 Samuel chapter 13

It was no doubt that Saul was under a lot of pressure to lead the people into battle. Though he had been given specific instructions on how to proceed, he felt compelled to offer the burnt offering himself. Instead of worshipping in the Lord’s way, Saul chose to do it how he saw fit. This was a huge mistake that cost Saul the anointing as king.

No matter what your instincts might be telling you, it is NEVER the prompting of the Holy Spirit to go outside of God’s will to get things done. As a leader, this will remove you from God’s covering, in addition to everyone you have been charged to lead.

“Father, I thank You for the Holy Spirit that guides and prompts me in Your ways. Thank You that You never leave me or forsake me. Help me to always choose Your ways over my own, for Your ways are higher than mine. In Jesus name, Amen.”

(This blog reposted with permission from Awake21.org)

No comments:

Post a Comment